Family-to-Family class is a free educational program for adult family members, partners and caregivers of persons living with mental illness. This class meets over several weeks and includes the following topics, among others:
• the biology of mental illnesses
• explanations about the signs and symptoms of mental illness
• communication methods that aid family members and caregivers in coping with the illness while supporting their loved ones during recovery
• skill building for problem-solving, empowerment and advocacy
• guidance to help find local services
• encouragement and tips on how to maintain family member and caregiver well-being
NAMI's Family-to-Family class is for adult family members, friends, partners, spouses, and caregivers of persons living with mental illness. If you are interested in enrolling in this class, please complete this form and return it to: email@example.com as soon as you can. NAMI Denton County offers this class free of charge and provides a printed reference manual for each family in the class. The teachers for the class have been specially trained by NAMI for this program and are also family members of persons living with mental illnesses.
Our next class will begin September 7th in Frisco at the Grace Avenue Methodist Church, 3521 Main St. Enrollment will close September 21st. Please call 469-248-8789 or email your application form (above) firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.
Please click here for a brochure