NAMI Denton County is an all-volunteer organization. Our educational programs, meetings, and advocacy will grow even more with more volunteer support. Here are a few ways you can help:
• Train to teach our NAMI Family-to-Family class*
• Train to facilitate a Family Support Group on a rotating basis*
• Train to teach another NAMI program*
• Set up for meetings or clear up after meetings
• Distribute NAMI Denton County brochures in area hospitals, churches, libraries, community centers, offices or at community events
• Assist with fundraising, such as the Dallas NAMIWalks (our major fundraiser), or organize other fundraising events
• Join us in advocacy efforts by signing up for alerts and/or contacting or writing legislators and other public officials
• Serve on a committee or on the Board of Directors* (our election is each June)
• We're open to more suggestions, too! Let us know how you would like to help.
* Membership in NAMI Denton County is required for these activities.
If you are interested in volunteering with a Recovery International support group, please indicate that in your message, or come to a meeting and talk with one of the group leaders.